Compex Muscle stimulation (NMES) update #1 (2 weeks into training)

So here I am after the first 2 weeks of training with the Compex

Update:

DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) -

So this has eased substantially but I have taken my own advice and used the recovery settings more.
I was amazed with them! For example I had some mega DOMS in my Lats so I stuck it on and immediately after the DOMS had eased massively!



Strength:

So it is early days but I have to say yes, I have noticed some significant strength changes:

Week 2:

Deadlift: At baseline: 90kg (including the bar at 15kg) 

Now: 105kg

Seated Dumbell shoulder press: At baseline:16.5 kg each side (including the bars at 4kg each) 

Now: 19kg

Lat Pull down: At baseline: 50kg 

Now: 70kg

So as you can see in 2 weeks the weights have increased. So far so good!


The Compex itself:

So I have been able to increase the intensity I use in the main but you have to be careful with cranking it up on 2 joint muscles in their shorter positions.
For example I put it on my Calves in a seated calf raise and on the end of range plantar flexion I essentially got cramp. So I just had to turn it down a bit. However I am hopeful that I will get used to this and can increase this intensity too.

Overall:

So it's going well: Stronger, more intensity, less soreness and able to help any that I get.

See you in 2 weeks for my next update!



Telephone: 01782 771861
Mobile: 07866195914
Email: mathewhawkesphysiotherapy@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The case of the clicky hip (AKA: Snapping hip syndrome)

Patella Tendinopathy

Cubital Tunnel Syndrome